Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kate and Chris eSession

I told you we had shoots coming up!

We got to meet one of our out-of-town brides today. Kate Strong and fiance Chris Mielke came down from the Chicago area on a wedding recon mission and to have their engagement session done. We met them at the Knoxville Convention Center and although it was a bit chilly, we had some nice even light to shoot in. We're looking forward to their May 24th wedding in Robbinsville, NC. It's not every wedding I get to push the minivan to the limit on a road like The Dragon. :) (Just kidding Danielle!)

Kate and Chris it was great finally getting to meet you all face-to-face! Thanks for letting us shoot you. We can't wait to see the bouquet of fringed phacelia! ;)

Here's a few faves from a quick edit before we head for D.C. tomorrow morning:







Chris likes to play with expensive toys too and brought along his new Nikon D3. We had to incorporate it in a shot or two.




You can't come to the Convention Center without having your picture made with the Sunsphere.




Danielle tagged along and shot some too while I shot. This was one of my favorite quiet moments she found.


After we came home we had a huge delivery waiting for us at the door. Some prints our friends Linda and Tony ordered of their cool Nissan 350Z had arrived. My favorite was a monster 24x36 mounted composite I did of a few of their favorite shots. I was so proud, Danielle took my picture with it. For a reference for those of you that haven't met me yet, I'm 6'5"... this sucker is almost half as tall as me! That's going to look sweet on their wall.



We head for the Nations capital tomorrow for the Modern Portrait workshop. I'm going to learn and Danielle and Maddie are going to sightsee. We're sticking around Monday so I can make it to the Mall and see some of the museums and monuments again. It's been over 15 years since I've been to D.C. and I can't wait to see it again. I'll try to post at least once while we're gone... I know you're going to miss me. Ha!

-Wes

ps: I just opened a Facebook account last week so if you're on there, give me poke or be my friend. I'm still trying to feel my away around, but so far, so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome E-session dude! I must say, I like Danielle's shot. They're a good lookin' couple . . . :)

Hope you're having a blast in D.C.!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Wes. I'll see you in May.

Chris Mielke said...

Wow what a great looking couple!!

I know I'm not that way in real life so it must be the photog.

Danielle's got a good eye.

The escalator worked well.

That fringed phacelia pops up everywhere.

I will send the pics from the mansion so you know what your getting into.

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com