Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wait, what's this? It's our turn!

Today's the last day you can vote! (To read more about how to vote, the post with the info is located right below this one or you can click HERE.) So far we have received almost 1,000 votes for these awesome couples that have entered our contest! How amazing is that?!? Remember voting ends tonight at 10pm. We won't tally any more votes after that. So keep passing the word around to all your friends and family to vote for your favorite couple!

Since we made all of the couples submit their story to us, we thought it would only be fair if we played along too. We hope you don't mind getting to know us a little better. ;) So meet the beauty and the brains behind Hope Photography... (and I'm not saying who's who)...

Okay, so this is a photo of us from May 2000, a day before our wedding. We call these the "Skinny Years."


**Editors note: We typed up our answers separately for all of the questions. We thought it would be cool to compare notes and see how close we were as I copied and pasted each other's answers on the blog. **

1: How did you two meet one another?
She said: I was working as a receptionist at the Daily Times were Wes was working as a photographer. I noticed him right away because of the red Jeep that he drove, however he would just breeze past the front desk and never speak to me… he didn’t even notice me (or so I thought). Once, I went back to the newsroom to ask him about another photographer who had applied for a job that day who I thought was a cutie and Wes (who was friends with this guy) said, “oh you wouldn’t be interested in him, he is already with someone!" This was a total lie, but it worked to break the ice and Wes started making excuses to get something out of his car every afternoon at the exact same time that I was walking out to leave for the day…it wasn’t long until we were staying after work leaning against our cars talking in the parking lot for hours after work!

He said: She was the hot girl at work who intimidated the bejangles out of me. I never thought I had a chance with her, so I just sort of ignored her. Why cause myself the heartache by getting to know her if we could never happen. One day she came back to my desk and was asking about a "cute" photographer who had interviewed for a job (Hi Brian!) and I made up some horrible lie about him as a joke, but it was enough to get the ball rolling between us. The next think I know we've been married ten years, we have our own business, two bratty kids, and I've gained 75lbs. What. The. Deuce?


2: What is your favorite thing about one another?
She said: My favorite things about Wes are his sense of humor (he can always make me laugh), the way he is ALWAYS there for me when I need him, the way he plays with our girls and the fact that he always lets me put my very cold feet (yeah I have freakishly cold feet) against his legs in bed at night to warm them up even though it totally freezes him.

He said: Gosh, what a toughie. There are SO many things that I love about Danielle that it's hard to pick one. I guess close to the top would be how playful and fun Danielle is. I don't think there is a day that goes by that we don't share a laugh about SOMETHING. The couple that laughs together, stays together in my opinion.


3: What is your most memorable moment with one another?
She said: (caution- this is tear-jerker material) My most memorable moment together is not necessarily a happy one. In 2007 we were both at the doctors office ready to see our 2nd baby’s heartbeat for the first time on the ultrasound machine and they gave us the horrible news that they couldn’t see one. That moment was the most difficult one that I’ve ever had to endure. We went into the office to speak with the dr. and I was just devastated. Wes took such good care of me. He was by my side as we told our family and Maddie, though thankfully, she was too young to understand and he was by side as I cried myself to sleep for weeks later. He never told me that he understood my pain or that I should let go and move on he simply held me and dried my tears. Every time I think back on that time in our lives, I am saddened by the loss but at the same time, THAT is when I fall in love with Wes all over again!

He said: The births of both of our girls are the most memorable moments for me (again though, we've been together for 10 years... we could write a book of memorable moments!). Danielle did such an amazing job and went through so much that every time I think about each contraction she endured, I knot up inside. For a man to see the woman he loves, the woman he adores and cherishes, in so much pain, it can be soul-crushing. But before you know it, *boom* there's that little miracle. A screaming, pooping, crying miracle at that. The pain is washed away and the joy and love in your heart has grown so much it brings you to your knees. Danielle and I have a blessed bond that can never be broken.


4: What is your ideal date?
She said: I’m not too hard to please, I love food so eating dinner at a great restaurant and then maybe a movie or home to cuddle on the couch (while someone else has the kiddos of course).

He said: Getting away from the girls, the biz, the house and going to Asheville to the North Lodge B&B for a weekend. Sleeping late, eating some great food, and catching a movie or two. Well, I guess that's more of a weekend getaway than just a "date", but whatever. It's my blog, I make the rules.


5: How did the proposal take place?
She said: had been hinting around at a ring for several days and we even went into a jewelry store while we were in the mall one day and I showed Wes the ring that I liked (simple and not too flashy which was great since he was poor as dirt :)

We’d left work one day for lunch when I noticed that he was acting funny…so I guessed. I said something about “you went and got the ring didn’t you?” He immediately began to deny it (which totally tipped me off) and said I was crazy! So I started looking for it throughout the Jeep. He was driving so he couldn’t stop me. I found the box in his camera bag! He felt bad that he didn’t get to do something spectacular as a proposal so he didn’t let me open it until he’d at least pulled the Jeep off of the road. We were actually driving by the greenbelt so he pulled into a parking lot there and got out and came around to my side and I got out. He got down on one knee and officially asked me. To this day, when we meet with our amazing wedding clients and they sometimes tell us their engagement stories, Wes later tells me how he still wishes he could’ve done something like that for me. I, however, am perfectly happy with how it went down…it fits me…I’m not one for liking surprises very much!

He said: Dang snoopy turd. She probably told you about how she snuck through my camera bag while we were on our way back to the paper from lunch and forced me to go ahead and propose to her. Watch she doesn't know is that I was planning on skydiving in Speedos during the half-time of the Superbowl to surprise her with the proposal. But now she, and the world, will never now how awesome that could have been.


6: Favorite movie for each of you and why?
She said: I have WAY too many to name. A few that I would definitely watch over and over again are: 27 Dresses (cheesy I know but I love it), Inglourious Basterds, Playing By Heart, Love Actually and I just saw Fantastic Mr. Fox and loved it too! However, I stand firm to the fact that when applicable, the book is ALWAYS better.

He said: Wow. There is no way I could pick just one. It depends on my mood. I love everything from sci-fi to chick flicks and everything in between. (Yes, that means I cried at both Star Wars and the Notebook). Favorites from the last few months would be Up In the Air and Fantastic Mr. Fox.


7: Where was your 1st kiss?
She said: On the couch in Wes’ apartment after our first date. Wes was SO surprised. I was his first (and last) girlfriend so I was his first kiss!

He said: After our uber-romantic first date to Wendy's and to see "Big Daddy". What can I say... I've got made skillz.


8: Favorite TV show to watch together and why?
She said: We always watch The Office together…it’s absolutely hilarious and having both worked in office settings at some point, we totally get it! We also love How I Met Your Mother…why? Because it’s simply Legen….wait for it…dary!!

He said: That's what she said.


9: Favorite flavor of ice cream for each of you?
She said: Mayfield’s Rocky Road (and it HAS to be Mayfield’s).

He said: Whatever is in my bowl. Preferably with some form of chocolate and neutered (think about it...).


10: Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?
She said: We were actually just talking about this a few weeks ago in bed one night…we realized that we’ve never really been “planners”…we have always lived in the here and now. However, one thing that we both know will be in 10 years is that if God blesses us with 10 more years of life, we will spend it with one another! We’ll be watching our beautiful little girls grow up and trying to guide them in the right paths. Hopefully our business will be to the point where we can hire some help so that we have more time to spend with one another and with Maddie and Millie! Oh, and it would be nice to be in Italy in 10 years…just because we’ve both always wanted to go so it would just be cool that in 10 years from exactly right now we were there on an amazing vacation!

He said: I plan on being the CEO of Hope Photographic Industries Global. And bald. Danielle will be auditioning for Real Housewives of Blount County. And will be wrapping up her 84th round of plastic surgery. We will have a Bichon Frise named Skipper and drive a customized 30' black hummer that is towing a 60' yacht which is nuclear powered and houses a private jet and a bidet. Madilynn will be almost 15 and begging for a Sweet Sixteen party in Paris. I will have a heart attack when I see the latest bill from ATTerizon for the 4,000,000 texts per day she is sending and receiving. Amelia will wear my Dad's old combat boots, paint her hands black and will lock herself in her room listening to obscure British punk music from 1983...

;)

Actually, I kind of see us doing the same thing we are now... taking life one day at a time. Enjoying watching our girls grow and our business bloom. Maybe by then we'll have things a little more figured out. But right now, we just love life and love each other. And that's all I can ask for.


And I wanted to share one more photo...

We've dug out some of our horrible wedding photos (more on that in a future blog post... they are the reason we became wedding photographers) from 10 years ago as we've started reminiscing about the "good ole days". This is one of the best shots our "professional" photographer got of the two of us together. We're actually in focus and the exposure isn't bad (again, I'm planning a post about those photos in the coming weeks). And I'm not sure, but I think that's a bill of sale I'm holding. ;)


So there you have it. I hope you don't think we're too mushy or silly. That's just us. I've said it before, and it might just become our new slogan, we're just a couple of dorks in love. :)

THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR. And remember... you have until 10pm tonight to VOTE!!

Wes
Hope Photography

6 comments:

Erin Moulden said...

So, you two totally have my vote. I laughed out loud and cried more than once. :)

Tara J said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

You are two beautiful people whom God has blessed tremendously. Thanks for your creativity, your passion and your generosity.

The Dunaway's said...

Loved this post!! Very Touching and hilarious!!

Amanda Richelle said...

You two keep me laughing on facebook, and now you've made me laugh AND cry. Some couples make the world a happier place just by being together.

I'm talking about me and Mitchell, but you two are pretty okay, too.

Wes Hope said...

You crack me up, Amanda! Of course you and Mitchell make the world a happier place... he wore a gorilla suit when he proposed! He has my vote for President based on that fact alone!

Thanks everyone for the comments. :)

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com