Monday, February 1, 2010

And away we go... Shelley+Brian

Well, here we go! We had a great response to the contest: 22 entries! But only 10 got their stories back to us by the deadline. Kind of fitting though... TEN contestants! :) So since we have exactly 10 and there are 10 days until the we open up voting, you get one story a day! So sit back, enjoy the stories, make notes on your favorites and don't forget to come back every day to meet a new couple!

Today we present Shelley and Brian!

1: How did you two meet one another?
After talking on the phone and via email for many weeks, we finally decided to meet.  It was Fourth of July and we made last minute plans to meet at Brian's house.  We saw each other the first time at dusk, and watched as the fireworks showered the sky.  


2: What is your favorite thing about one another? 
Shelley:  My favorite thing about Brian is his giant heart.  He genuinely cares about those around him, family, friends and our 8 furry kids.  And because of it, I know, through and through, that I am loved in the same way I love him. 

Brian: It is really all of the little things, how she makes me feel when I am around her, when she comes home from work and opens the door with a smile on her face, more than anything it is knowing that she truly loves me and that I feel it when she it is around me.  I have never felt anything like it before.


3: What is your most memorable moment with one another?
Shelley:  Definitely our engagement, in the midst of 4,000 people, it seemed like there was no one else in the world for those few moments.

Brian: Besides our engagement, it was sitting on the lawn at Bonnaroo listening to Spoon, drinking Jager, and talking about our future.


4: What is your ideal date?
Shelley:  My ideal date would be a day in the mountains where we could hike and take a picnic lunch, it is really hard to pick one thing, when staying in and doing nothing together is awesome.

Brian: Rather than a hot air balloon ride over the Swiss Alps and bungee jumping out to a catered lobster brunch cooked by Wolfgang Puck and flown-in by helicopter,  just being together is enough (Brian: "Won't they find this cheesy, even though it is true?", Shelley: "Yes, but so what!")


5: How did the proposal take place? 
We had both, very democratically, decided to get married.  However, Brian had other plans! We were on a trip to Austin, Texas to see our favorite band, Spoon, play three shows.  We had first talked about marriage and living together at their show at Bonnaroo two years before.  On the first night of the concert, a few songs into their set, they played "our song".  Brian turned to me and asked me if I remembered what I had asked him last time we saw this band.  I knew I had asked him if he thought we would get married, so that is what I replied.  He smiled and told me "now it is my turn to ask you, will you marry me?".  Surprise doesn't even come close to describing my emotion. I was so overcome with emotion I cried, as he put the ring on my finger.  Not only was it a perfect fit, but he had met with my best friend and had the ring designed especially for me.  He asked if the crying meant yes, and as I came back down to earth, I told him, of course it did!


6: Favorite movie for each of you and why?
We talked about it and couldn't pick one. We discovered before we had met face to face, that we had the same TWO favorite movies: Fight Club and Snatch.
Why?:  We like the clever dialog, plot twists, humor and not mention Brian's man-crush on Brad Pitt. "Do ya like dags?"


7: Where was your 1st kiss?
Sitting close together on the couch, the night we met. There was just the right amount electricity in the air that night!


8: Favorite TV show to watch together and why?
Right now our favorite show is Lost.  We have watched seasons 2-5 in about 2 months of weekends!
While the show is entertaining, we have enjoyed the suspense, and twists and turns of the plot. 
Mostly, we enjoy the time together cuddled on the couch!


9: Favorite flavor of ice cream for each of you?
We both love coffee ice cream and both had before we met! (It is one of Brian's weaknesses!)


10: Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?
Married (obviously)! We hope to have built our own home, to house not only us, but our 4 dogs and 4 cats (who knows how may we we have by then), and our children.  We know in that time we can travel, grow and learn together.


Thanks Shelley and Brian for sharing your story! Good luck to you both with the contest!

Remember folks, check back tomorrow for our second couple. And voting will open on on Feb. 10!

Thanks for visiting,
Wes

1 comments:

babyblueeyez said...

I'm getting ready to vote now. Brian and Shelly I wish you all nothing but the best of luck in your future together as husband & wife! Marriage is not easy, it takes work to grow together and become ONE!!! It's an awesome feeling to be so loved by someone so much that you want to spend the rest of your life with them. So last but not least, LOVE AND BE LOVED!!! My best advice for you both is to try your best to keep an open line of communication throughout your marriage!

With Love and Respect,
Jessica & Kevin Flynn

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com