Sunday, February 7, 2010

Meet Tara+Steven

We're over half way there! Today it's Tara and Steven's turn!


1: How did you two meet one another?
We met our freshmen year at Sevier County High Scool in Mr. Gilmore's homeroom class.  We sat next to each other. And of course Steven couldn't take his eyes off me.


2: What is your favorite thing about one another?
 Tara-I love that I can truly be myself around Steven.  He has been around my quirks for nearly 10 years and still wanted to marry me!
Steven- I love Tara's big heart. She cares so deeply for people.  If she could, I think should would try to help out every person in need.


3: What is your most memorable moment with one another?
We agree completely on this!  Our first Valentine's Day together Steven and I had to spend the day apart because we went to two different schools and both had exams.  The day after Valentine's Day I went up to visit Steven at UT.  I assumed the Valentine's ship had sailed and was not expecting what came next.  Steven met me in the dorm lobby in a suit and Valentine's Day bright red tie with hearts on it.  He had also decorated the entire dorm room with red and pink EVERYTHING!  (seriously... conversational hearts to flashing red heart lights.)  His room looked like the seasonal section at Walgreens!  We just ate Chick-fil-a and watched a movie but it was the best Valentine's Day we have ever had.


4: What is your ideal date?
Anything where we can involve the dogs!  We have two labs, Davis and Scout and we take them everywhere we possibly can.  It feels like our own little family when the four of us are together.


5: How did the proposal take place?
Christmas Eve we were hanging out at Steven's grandparents cabin in Cosby, TN.   Steven had the ring but was waiting to ask my parents for permission to marry me.  He had told me before we went out to eat that he had forgotten my Christmas present in Nashville.  (And if I remember correctly I think I might have jokingly said "you ruined Christmas!").  At lunch I made the comment (having NO IDEA that he had the ring)  that I didn't even care anymore if he asked my parents... I mean it had been 5 years people. (It should be noted that this was said as a joke.) On the way home Steven told me he had my Christmas present at the house. 

Once we got back to the cabin I was sitting outside playing with our dogs, Davis and Scout (our love children), and I was swinging on the porch swing.  He came out with a huge smile on his face and got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife.  The first thing I said was not the ever popular "yes" but instead it was "I didn't think you were serious!" After about 5 minutes of ugly crying, I said yes.  I then asked "Did you ask my parents?"  And of course he answered, "you told me at lunch I didn't have to!" 

Then Davis ate the ring box in protest.


6: Favorite movie for each of you and why?
Tara-Lady and the Tramp hands down.  It has been my favorite Disney movie since I was a little kid.  I have probably watched the movie 1000 times because every time I am upset or don't feel good I pop it in.  I should also mention that I cry almost every single time. 

Steven-Forrest Gump because it tells a great story and is funny.


7: Where was your 1st kiss?
Our first kiss was at the end of our sophomore year in high school.  We were watching the fireflies on a little country hill and I just leaned over and kissed him!


8: Favorite TV show to watch together and why?
The Office. It lines up with our sense of humor and Steven sees Dwight as an inspiration, because he too wants to one day own his own beet farm. We have watched it together since season 1 and will, every now and then, have an all day Office marathon with seasons 1-5.


9: Favorite flavor of ice cream for each of you?
Tara-Cherry Chocolate Chip.
Steven-Mint Chocolate Chip.


10: Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?
Tara hopes that in 10 years she will either be teaching or working in a museum.  I see myself doing something with engineering management.  Tara and myself have both been volunteer Young Life leaders for several and would like to help out where ever we are.  We also both have a passion for adoption and in 10 years we would like to be in a place where we could give a child a loving home.  

We have no idea idea where God might lead us but we trust in His plan for us completely.


At least the pup didn't eat the ring! Thanks for sharing your story with us, Tara and Steven! Good luck!

Wes


Need to review the other couples? Find them here:
Couple One: Shelley+Brian
Couple Two: Stephanie+Jeremy
Couple Three: Lindsey+Heath
Couple Four: Jamie+Jonathan
Couple Five: Janie+George
Couple Six: Shawn+Donna



Have no idea what the heck we're talking about? Read about the contest here:
The Perfect Ten: 10/10/10 Contest

2 comments:

Rachael Allex said...

Those dogs are so cute. The black lab looks just like mine!

Annemarie Wylie said...

I wish the two of you a very bright future and many years of happiness together. --Friends of your folks--

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com