Friday, February 5, 2010

Meet Janie+George

First off, I hope you didn't get too attached to yesterday's couple. We got an email from Jamie and Jonathan tonight that said they were going to have to withdraw from the contest. Before you say, "what the crap?", they have a great reason... In their story, Jamie mentioned this, "I proposed to him! His cousin lives in Hawaii and the original plan was to go visit this summer, pop the question there and then have a quick beach wedding, but we decided we want our family and friends to be involved so we are waiting."

Well, it turns out their parents have bought them airfare to Hawaii and were planning on surprising Jamie and Jonathan. So they flipped out when they heard about the contest today and went ahead and let the couple in on the plans. How cool is that?!? Congrats Jamie and Jonathan!

So that means one less competitor for all the other cool couples that are still in the running! Like today's pair Janie and George. Here's their story!



1: How did you two meet one another?
George & I met through a mutual friend in 1993. I admired him from afar for several years until we lost contact. He moved to Florida and I moved to Illinois. I heard how he was doing from different friends. In 2003, we had both moved back to Tennessee, and our mutual friend wanted me to go with her to see him. Well, we hit it off and haven't been away from each other since.


2: What is your favorite thing about one another?
George is not afraid to say what's on his mind. If he knows something isn't right then he will speak up.


3: What is your most memorable moment with one another?
After we had been dating for only 3 months I wrecked my car. I called George and he was there in 5 minutes. When I felt his arms around me I knew he was "The One". He had my car towed and stayed the night with me.


4: What is your ideal date?
Our ideal date is to pack a cooler and a lunch and stay on the lake all day.


5: How did the proposal take place?
George took me to Myrtle Beach and we went to a karaoke bar one evening. He bought a bottle of wine and borrowed the microphone to announce his intentions to marry me. Unfortunately, neither of us are singers, but there were several good singers who were kind enough to sing a few love songs dedicated to us.


6: Favorite movie for each of you and why?
"Our movie" is Urban Cowboy. One night we were watching it and we just knew that movie was made for us. He's my Bud and I'm his Sissy.



7: Where was your 1st kiss?
Our first kiss was when he borrowed his cousin's boat and we went night swimming. It was Fort Loudon Lake and the stars were amazing that night. He was, and still is, the best kisser ever.


8: Favorite TV show to watch together and why?
We like to watch Malcolm in the Middle. That show comes on several times a day it just makes us laugh so hard.


9: Favorite flavor of ice cream for each of you?
George likes Moose Tracks and I like lemon custard. :)


10: Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?
In ten years I see me and George sitting on the dock, feeding the ducks and jammin' to 80's hair band tunes. I hope our neighbors are still cool in ten years!!


Good luck Janie and George! And thanks for entering!

Wes


Need to review the other couples? Find them here:
Couple One: Shelley+Brian
Couple Two: Stephanie+Jeremy
Couple Three: Lindsey+Heath
Couple Four: Jamie+Jonathan


Have no idea what the heck we're talking about? Read about the contest here:
The Perfect Ten: 10/10/10 Contest

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com