Monday, February 8, 2010

Meet Bre+Eddy

Today Breanna and Eddy share their story!


1: How did you two meet one another?
A little history...Bre is from San Diego, CA & I am from Benton, IL. We both transferred from other colleges to Lee University in Cleveland, TN the fall Semester of our Sophomore year in 2008. Almost exactly one month to the day of beginning classes at Lee, I was invited to help my "sisters" dorm with a bake sale fundraiser. I was the only guy helping with the baking & door to door sales. Breanna was one of the girls in our sister dorm, but I hadn’t met her yet. Our curfew was 9 p.m. but the Resident Director let me stay past hours :) Every thing was going very smoothly and we were having fun and then all of a sudden Breanna butted into a conversation I was having. At that very moment my life was changed forever… I turned to respond to the sweet, small voice behind me and when I saw Breanna’s face my heart skipped a few beats and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Over the next few weeks we started talking, sometimes until the early morning hours, and the rest is history.


2: What is your favorite thing about one another?
Eddy: My favorite thing about Bre Bre, hmmm… It would definitely have to be more than one thing! I love her smile, her hop :) her laugh, how sweet she is, her honesty and that she is the most compassionate, loving, kind and strong woman and person I have ever met.

Bre: My favorite thing about Eddy would be his love. He is a big man (at least compared to my family :)), but has an even BIGGER heart. He is my big teddy bear that will always put a smile on my face. I love you Eddy!


3: What is your most memorable moment with one another?
Our most memorable moment is an impossible question to answer, but the one that comes to mind has to be the auction I was involuntarily entered into by the wonderful girls of Livingston Hall (it was a Breast Cancer Benefit Concert). All throughout the week I was telling my lovely little Bre Bre to buy me. I was so nervous and so was she! However, when push came to shove she bought me for $45. I was so happy! She rescued me from a room full of crazy women! At that time she didn’t realize that she would be buying a Hubbie!


4: What is your ideal date?
Our ideal date would be to go on top of Mount Chilhowee and walk to a perfect place with a great view of the Ocoee River, throw down a blanket as the sun goes down while eating chicken salad sandwiches with some sweet tea, potato salad and lemon bars on a warm, fall afternoon with the breathtaking array of fall colors because it’s our favorite season too!


5: How did the proposal take place?
Well, to celebrate our 13th month of being together, we decided to drive over to Asheville, North Carolina and go to the beautiful Biltmore Estates. It was November 14th of 2009 and the leaves were incredible. It was also a wonderful 70 degrees and perfect weather for a walk. However, there was a rock slide on I-40 so we would have to go on a back-road adventure through the country. On top of I-40 being blocked, there was a rock slide on Highway 64! This caused us to go even further out of our way; this would not have been a problem if we were familiar with the area, but I, Eddy, am from Illinois and Bre is from San Diego so we had no idea where we were going. Although neither of us knew where to go, I pushed the idea and we took off on a wild adventure through the back country of Tennessee and North Carolina. For a couple hours we had no idea where we were but eventually we made it to our destination. Once at the Biltmore we got our tickets, drove in and found out that we had to wait an hour and a half before we could enter the house. We then decided that we should explore so we went on a little expedition through the beautiful wooded trails on the several thousand-acre land. To our pleasure we came upon a beautiful pond at sunset. I was extremely anxious to get away from people so I could propose so we hurriedly went around the pond to the overflow behind the pond. The overflow created somewhat of a waterfall that went into a creek and the creek was lined with beautiful bushes and trees. When we got to the brook I hopped up on a rock and told Bre to take my picture. While she took the picture I suddenly pulled out the ring and she then asked why I was making a silly face. After her inquiry I asked her if she saw what was in my hand and then she screamed! I proceeded to propose and she said yes! An older couple started clapping up by the spillway so I ran behind a bush because I was nervous. We then went on to have a wonderful day and the joy has not stopped! :)


6: Favorite movie for each of you and why?
Eddy’s favorite movie of all time is… Faith Like Potatoes. This movie is about a family from the U.K. that has an encounter with God. They are farmers in South Africa and the husband has to take some sort of medicine or he will loose his temper and become disconnected from his family. His farming is also suffering and all they have to their name is a tractor and a mobile home. One day in church he encounters God and has a radical change in his life. Soon he gains control of his temper, reconnects with his family and begins preaching and seeing miracles happen with his crops. It is a story about love, faith and the power of God. It’s about honoring God with all your heart and being devoted to your family. Faith Like Potatoes embodies my dream, supporting my family and spreading the love and Word of God. I love this movie because it is what I want, to provide for my family, love my wife like a real man does and live life for God, spreading His Word.

Bre’s favorite movie is…Up. This movie is about a man that has just lost his wife. He met her when they were very young. They both loved a famous adventurer and vowed to visit South America when they grew up. However, the events of life wore them down and took their time so they never got the opportunity to go before she passed. After she passes he turns into a grumpy old man. When a wealthy man desiring to build huge buildings comes to buy the house he gets worse and eventually hits a man with his cane. Shortly thereafter, he is forced to move into an assisted living home. When the people come to take him away, he releases thousands of balloons into the air and his house goes flying away with him in it headed to the place in South America. In the meantime, he meets a boy, they go through many adventures and the house winds up where he and his wife wanted it to be. The man and the boy return home and become friends forever.  I like it because in the beginning the couple is like me and Eddy. They do everything together and want to travel the world! 


7: Where was your 1st kiss?
Our first kiss is a moment that would be hard for both of us to forget. Being in a small town, at least for Bre, both of us decided to go see the “city lights” of Cleveland, Tennessee. We found a picnic bench to sit on, admired the pretty lights from up top, and talked, talked, talked! After awhile Bre noticed Eddy suddenly stopped talking and found that her heart started pounding harder and faster. She thought he was going to kiss her, yet to her surprise she was right, BUT he was aiming for her nose!


8: Favorite TV show to watch together and why?
Well… due to the fact that we are poor college kids living far away from home we do not have cable, therefore creating an impossibility to watch TV. However, we love to play cards. Bre wins at speed and crazy eights, but Eddy wins at Rummy! :)


9: Favorite flavor of ice cream for each of you?
This is kind of coincidental, but we actually both love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. We can down a pint of Ben and Jerry’s like nobody’s business!


10: Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?
Being, young college students we can only look forward to what the future holds for the both of us.  Once we are married, we look forward to spending our first year of our marriage in a place new to both of us, New Braunfels, TX.  Bre will be seeking a career in Healthcare Administration and Eddy in Elementary Education, both of us intend to pursue graduate degrees. We plan on being involved in ministry, hopefully where we live and abroad.  We both share a love for God & enjoy sharing His word & helping others.  A major thing we both have dreamed about in our childhood is to adopt children, we hope this is something we can make happen as well as have our own biological children.  Only God knows what is in store for us, but we look forward to our new life together and are thankful we will have each other to share the rest of our lives.  Who would have ever imagined that small town boy would meet big city girl in a place they never imagined to be!


Good luck Bre and Eddy! Thanks for entering the contest!
Wes


Need to review the other couples? Find them here:
Couple One: Shelley+Brian
Couple Two: Stephanie+Jeremy
Couple Three: Lindsey+Heath
Couple Four: Jamie+Jonathan
Couple Five: Janie+George
Couple Six: Shawn+Donna
Couple Seven: Tara+Steven



Have no idea what the heck we're talking about? Read about the contest here:
The Perfect Ten: 10/10/10 Contest

1 comments:

Ben Balsbaugh said...

Shortly thereafter, he is forced to move into an assisted living home. When the people come to take him away, he releases thousands of balloons into the air and his house goes flying away with him in it headed to the place in South America.

ONE OF THE BEST PART OF THE MOVIE. Happy I came across this blog while I was looking for some assisted living article. I enjoyed reading. Keep it up.

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com