Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chris+Kate Mielke 5-24-08

Greetings from the land of humid days, recuperating elbows, and countless files littering the hard drives! I finally have the files done from Chris and Kate's Robbinsville, NC wedding. Before I go further though, I really need to give a huge shout out to Tara Kneiser from Dixie Pixel...

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Tara really saved our bacon after my little elbow cracking mishap and drove all the way down to the Smoky Mountain Mansion in North Carolina with our assistant Beth in tow to photograph Chris and Kate's nuptials for us. She did a great job and we are very much indebted to her. The photo community is so tight that it's great to know that when something catastrophic happens to one of their own, wonderful people like Tara and Steven Bridges step up and help out without question. I hope all of you know that I will do the same for you all in a heartbeat. So even though she's the competition *wink-wink* check out some of her other work (besides what I'm about to show you) over on her blog here.

Alright, enough mushiness... on with the show!

Let's start with a few details.


I think this shot had to be for Chris. Instead of focusing on the rings, Tara went with Chris' blingier (that's a new word) Nikon D3. Remember me talking about Chris' love affair with photography in the post from their engagement session? Well played Tara, well played. Chris you have the kind of gear that makes grown up professionals drool.


Aw, the couple that chimps together, stays together. Don't know what chimping is? Check it out here.






A little wedding day Wii.








I can't forget the lovely Beth, our assistant who went above and beyond and helped out someone she'd never met. She got this nice moment of Kate and her Dad walking down the aisle.


Doesn't this look like a nice place for a wedding?




Tara will have to tell you the story behind this... I don't think a crane or ladder was involved. And no groomsmen where harmed in the making of this image.




One of my faves from the day.


And I have to remember to pick up a rusty Ford the next time I'm at the prop store. What a great find!


See, this is where not being there hurts me during the edit process. I love these next two photos from the reception, but I don't know if it's some new dance craze or if someone was robbing the wedding party. "Everybody on the ground!" ;)






Also, we do have to give Chris and Kate a big Thank You for being so understanding. Like I said in the broken elbow post, I can't imagine finding out a few days before your wedding that your photographer is having to move to his emergency plan. You all are a wonderful couple and I hope you have many many great years (and hikes!) together.

All the best,
Wes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Kate!! Ahh! You guys look FABULOUS! Okay, yes, the rings on the D3 wasn't my idea, it was Chris's moms. That was our surprise for you, Wes!

And the groomsmen on the roof. Um, that's all Chris. He got them up there! He can explain that!

And the crazy dance is "Taking Care of Business" by BTO. It's kind of a line dance only on the floor. Again, Chris and Kate (you crazy kids, you) can explain that one too.

Great job to Beth too!! You did great girly!

And yes, we love our Fords.

The Runyans said...

your little girl is adorable! it was good to meet you both today! tara was telling me about this guy with the D3. . .wow. . . i've never shot with nikon, but i wouldn't mind taking that camera out on a session. anyways. september will be here before you know it. cherish the three of you! you are giving maddie a most precious gift!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com