Sunday, June 29, 2008

Andrew+Emily Jenkins 5-31-08

Hi gang! I hope this finds everyone well. We've been busy playing catch-up and got the images from Andrew and Emily's wedding done. Before I go further though, (just like the last post) I really need to give a huge shout out to my good pal Steven Bridges...

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Steven and I go waaaay back to our newspaper days when I was working at the Daily Times and he was freelancing for the News Sentinel. He's a great photojournalist and a great friend so it was a real relief to know that he was available for the second wedding we were going to miss due to my stupid fractured elbows. So when you get a chance, swing over to his website and check out his awesome work.

And speaking of his awesome work, here are some of my favorites as I went through editing and toning...



Check out the cool aisle decorations by our good friend and floral designer extraordinaire Lisa Foster.




Since their wedding was in town and I was more mobile, we stopped by to help Steven organize the portraits. And as soon as we walked in the door and were greeting Emily and her mom Kathy, Steven decided to test his lighting. Danielle insisted I include this one on the blog (I think it's because I look like such a schmuck).


Dress excitement.


Emily with all her girls.


The fun bride.


The dapper groom.


I think Emily was warning the bridesmaids that if they didn't behave, she was going to have to whip out her guns.




Andrew napping before the ceremony.


Attack of the Ringbearer!!


The opening of the doors.






I love the chaos in this photo because it sums up something we witness at every wedding... the mystery of the bustle.




This is a fun shot.








This is a great swing dance sequence.


Just like Chris and Kate's wedding, there are some things that I guess I had to be there to understand. This is one of those photos.


The mad dash for the honeymoon.


And after the bride and groom left, Steven let some of the bridesmaids help him try a little light painting.


Again, a big thank you to Emily and Andrew for understanding about my arms and for putting up with Steven for the day. ;) It looks like you all had a beautiful day and I hate that we weren't able to be more of a part of it.

Stay tuned for more updates this week. I still need to share my experience from the David Williams seminar we went to and I have a few more updates before I get to this weekends wedding (my first since my accident a month ago!).

Talk to you soon,
Wes

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, glad I could help. That's what friends are for. Feel free to sing along.

Now break a leg.

Oops, I mean good luck.

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com