Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Look For a New Year...

Out with the old and in with the new!! (And before any of you wise acres pipe up, no, that doesn't mean Danielle is getting rid of me!)

With the change of the year comes a new look for us. Danielle and I finally have a bona fide, professional logo. Wait, what? You liked our old logo with the swirly "h". Well, we did too, but we thought it had run it's course over the last 4 years or so. We always liked it, but I don't think either of us "loved" it. It was something I created by trial and error and it did the job. But we felt it was time for change.

So when we decided to open up a studio/meeting space/office/gallery/movie theater (oh yeah, our screen is that big) back home in Maryville, we decided to take a look at our branding. The first step, a new logo. We've actually had this done for a couple months now (you may have seen it if you've been on Washington St. in Maryville), but I've been so dedicated to getting our client work done that I haven't had the time to give it a proper debut.

One last time, the swirly "h"…

We'll miss you swirly!


And introducing (as if you haven't already seen it in the header at the top of the page), the new logo!

Don't you think it has that new logo smell?


It's a smart blend of a nice clean logotype and the custom mark (the square thingie). The mark has several meanings… see if you can guess what some of them are. Danielle and I love this thing and we have one man to thank for it, John Fischbach at Graphic FX in Maryville. John totally thought outside the box (no pun intended) and put up with all the changes we put him through. A true artist and professional… I can't recommend Graphic FX enough if you need any design done.

So there you have it. A new look for a new year. And that's just the beginning… hopefully a new website and a new blog are in the works as well (I've already changed the color scheme on both, but that's just the tip of the iceberg). Rebranding in scary, but fun!

And make sure you come back tomorrow! Our annual "Client Favorites" roundup will be posted. See what were some of our clients' favorite images and hear why. :)



ps: Let us know what you honestly think of the new logo… we'd love the feedback!

4 comments:

The displaced Fabulachian said...

LOVE the new logo. When I first hopped onto the page, I thought "NOOOOOO!" -- but when you put the two side by side (or rather top to bottom, I suppose), I really do like the new one better. Nicely done, Hopes :D

Amanda said...

I agree with the first comment. Once you put them side by side, the new logo looks awesome! Congratulations on your new studio space!

alexbee said...

wow, I love it!

Kristal said...

I felt the same way the first two commenters did. At first I didn't like it but then I realized that I really do. And I like the fact that it kinda involves a cross like symbol in the middle.

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com