Monday, August 9, 2010

Whitestone Wedding Photography : Danyelle + Michael 07.02.210

We finally got to shoot a shotgun wedding! And I have soooo many jokes I want to share, but the truth is this wasn't THAT kind of shotgun wedding. ;) I remember when we met with Michael and Danyelle and they told us there were going to be shotguns at their western themed wedding, Danielle (my Danielle) and I just looked at each other and smiled really big. You have to love unique weddings! And I can honestly say that in the 10 years of doing this, we've never photographed a shotgun wedding.

It was a beautiful day at the Whitestone Inn in Kingston, Tn for Michael and Danyelle. And yes, there was confusion every 5 seconds for me as I would holler out instructions to either Danielle/Danyelle only to get a look from the other Danyelle/Danielle. :)

Here are a few favorites from their day!

Cowboy hats everywhere!



Danyelle's dad was a nut!



Yes, I'm in the photo, but I still like the lines and the moment. What's a fat, tall man supposed to do in a room full of mirrors anyway?





Brittany caught Danyelle sneaking back to the getting-ready room after portraits.



Cute squared!



The groom; the bride.



You know me, sometimes I go a little overboard with my post processing. I was going for an old late 1800s tintype with this photo of Michael and his posse. When I was done, I thought it was a bit much, but (my) Danielle said she liked it. What do you say?





Taking the plunge.



(My) Danielle caught (Michael's) Danyelle trying not to cry before the start of the ceremony.



I really think the world needs more cowboy hats (or maybe I need to move out west).





Exhale...





Danyelle's mom got a little misty-eyed.



A gentleman removes his hat when he kisses his lady (or when the photographer asks you to for shadow control).



The happy couple.





It wouldn't be a Whitestone wedding without some amazing views.





That's a lot of iron.



Everybody's a critic.





Kissilhouette!!





First dance.







I *almost* tried putting Danyelle's ring on the barrel for another photo, but realized that would be a good way to lose/ruin a bride's ring and a groom's shotgun! And they gave out Hershey bars (right) as favors… I took one for the team and took a bite out of one for a ring detail.



Congratulations Mike and Danyelle!!!


-Wes

Coming next: Maddie's first day of (pre)school!! :(

4 comments:

Erin Moulden said...

Awesome as always! :)

Anonymous said...

I say go big or go home on antique look photo. Looks great.

Eric

Beth Collins said...

Love these pics! The cowgirl in me can not choose! The vintage look w/the guys & guns-so flippin great! The whole wedding party w/the guns! FOB & groom-priceless!barrell shot, black & white-bride & groom cowboy boots, rings on the guns,how could I ever choose just one?! Looks like a great fun day!

Kathy Woodward, B.S.N. said...

I love these photos. I saw your post on Erin's and Justin's page. (I'm Erin's sister.) I think that every individual has the right to choose their style of wedding photography, and I give you a big thumbs up for "sticking to your guns!" Would disarm soldiers of their swords in a military wedding? Americans have a right to bear arms for defense, for hunting, and for collections. These people look like decent folks, not gang members. I love the photos and I think that the couple have a beautiful photographs reflecting who they are and their style. I applaud your sensitivity, but I double-applaud your creativity and your certain "10" in customer satisfaction.

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com