Sunday, August 15, 2010

Knoxville Bridal Session - Mary's Funky Session

Yesterday, my beautiful cousin Mary got married!! But we couldn't shoot the wedding. :( Mary contacted us about doing the wedding a few months ago and they only had one weekend that would work with her and James' upcoming work/school schedule and unfortunately, we were already booked (but never fear, she found the awesome Grant and Sara Dotson of Dotson Studios from Chattanooga. From what I've seen of their work, Mary chose wisely!).

Mary did ask us to do a funky-fun bridal session though and we knocked it out a few weeks ago in Knoxville. It's been KILLING me that I couldn't share these until today, but you know how it goes, her fiancé couldn't see the dress before the wedding! I thought about finding some way to sabotage his internet connections and put him on a media blackout so we could go ahead and post the images, but I figured there were too many holes in my plan to make it work. :)

I'm not going to comment on all of the photos today. I want their awesomeness to speak for themselves. Mary could be a model and she wanted a more urbany-fashiony-grungy-funky session. In other words, these ain't yo momma's bridal photos. ;)



























(My faaaaaaaavorite!)




















Oh, I wish I could just share them all with you! But, I think the internet would explode from too much gorgeousness if I did. Congratulations to Mary and James! I heard from family that the wedding was amazing and beautiful! I hate that we couldn't be there, but the wedding we photographed yesterday was a wonderful one too and I'm so glad we got to be a part of that couple's wedding! Maybe one day I'll figure out how to clone Danielle and I so we can be everywhere all the time!

And a special thanks to our good friend Lisa Foster, who made us the bouquet you see in some of the photos. If you need a florist (for ANY occasion), Lisa and her crew are the best!

-Wes

Coming next: Our friend's the Sutton's maternity photos!

6 comments:

Robin said...

really beautiful. esp. like the urban landscape shots. but then I would.
~r

Days Like This crafter said...

Love it!! I think my favorite is the one near the middle where she is standing in the middle of wildflowers with some pinkish-purple flowers blurred big in the foreground. Beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! These are AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved being a part of Mary Lynn's "funky" bridal portraits adventure. As her mom, I had the best job ever...to carry her train, laugh and smile. Wes and Danielle, you were awesome, very professional, yet fun and energetic. Everywhere we went that day from UT gardens to downtown Knoxville, Market Square area everyone would clap, and yell and smile. An older couple from out of state asked to take a photo of Mary at the gardens. About 10 years ago, while on vacation they happened to take a photo a bride and since then that has been a vacation destination...find a bride to share a memory of their trip. I loved it! Thank you Wes and Danielle for letting me share in this wonderful special time for Mary Lynn and James.

Diana, mother of bride and Wes's cousin.

Grant Dotson said...

Wes, these are great! Mary and James had several of them displayed at the reception, and they looked really beautiful.

And you're right, they're a joy to shoot!

Unknown said...

FREAKIN LOVE THESE!!!!!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com