Saturday, July 19, 2008

A trip to the aquarium!

Hey all, it has been a long time since I've posted one of these but I thought with all of the work that Wes has going on right now I would try to help him out some. So a few weeks ago he had this brilliant idea to take Maddie to the Georgia Aquarium. She is really into Beluga whales right now and so we knew she would love it. He said it would be one last trip with mommy and daddy before the new baby gets here. So off we went and here are a few pics for you to enjoy:

Wes the lighting genius that he is noticed how pretty the light was on Maddie while I was fixing her hair at our hotel.


A family portrait at the hotel...of all the hotels we've stayed in, we'd never stayed in a DoubleTree before but once we arrived and were greeted with fresh baked cookies we know we will definitely be staying in one again!


Any time we stay in a hotel, Maddie LOVES to spin in the desk chair in the room.




Yeah she looks adorable here at breakfast with her little monkey around her neck...just know that literally minutes later she had a breakdown and pitched a major fit over not wanting to eat her pancake!




Since Maddie is so into Beluga's right now (she constantly sings the song Baby Beluga) we decided to hit that part of the aquarium first...it was very peaceful to sit and watch them swimming.




This is Wes getting artsy with a shot of the jellyfish. We liked the guy with the mohawk.




Wes and Maddie (future photographer) at the Whale Shark tank.


Now she "chimps"...like father, like daughter right?


The last time we went to this aquarium, I had to be the one to crawl into all of these little spaces with Maddie since I was the smallest adult...now being huge and preggy, Wes got to crawl with her. It was quite funny seeing someone his size fit into the tiny little spaces that were made for kids no taller than about 4 feet!


These lights are all around the ceiling in the atrium of the aquarium and they constantly change colors that kind of flow like water. It's very pretty and Maddie loved it, saying that she wants them in her room!




We had a great trip. It was definitely a great idea on Wes' part for us to get to spend that time with her before Amelia (official name) arrives in September. Wes did realize though that taking a VERY pregnant woman that has a very active baby pressing on her bladder all the time to a place that is filled with water might not have been ideal since I had to sneak off to the restroom literally every 20 minutes! And speaking of the very pregnant me, I believe that the next blog post will be of the artsy maternity shots Wes was able to get of me this past week, so if you are into the belly thing, stay tuned!

-Danielle

5 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE DoubleTree cookies! YUM! Oh, you all should have let me know you were going to be in the ATL. Great photos! Looks like a fun trip! :o)

Julie said...

looks like a wonderful place to visit

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I've never stayed at a Double Tree either, but if there are cookies when I arrive, then I might just have to stay there!

Erin M said...

I LOVE your personal blogs. It makes me feel like I had a little mini-visit with you guys. The pictures were great too! Now I am going through some Hope Family Withdrawal (Capitalized because it's a formal syndrome).

Anonymous said...

I'm hopeless stalking your blog again.... Could Maddie be any cuter!?!?!?!?

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com