Sunday, July 13, 2008

Darren+Megan Welch 6-28-08

Hiya gang! Life has been super-crazy lately, but I finally get to blog some photos from our last wedding. We had a blast at Darren and Megan's wedding a couple weeks ago for several reasons. One, it was our first back since the busted elbow incident. Second, our good friend Jason Davis joined us to act as a second shooter in case my elbows started acting up (and he got some really great images). And it was simply a beautiful wedding at Central Baptist Church of Bearden with some gorgeous Lisa Foster flowers and a rockin' reception at the Orangery. It was great to be back, it was great to collaborate with another artist and it was great to party.

So here you go, a few faves:

A couple of the bridesmaids kicking butt on fooseball.


Jason found the boys chilling.


I LOVE this detail shot during a prayer moment with the bride.




The girls getting goofy.


Megan looking beautiful and playing model for us.




Megan and her parents.


Darren looking serious.


While I was up the stairs photographing Megan, Jason got this cool different angle.


Here's a cool detail by him too.


[The scene: The bride's room, 10 minutes before the ceremony starts.]
Ringbearer [excitedly] : My tooth is about to come out! You want me to pull it?
Bridesmaids and Bride [scared]: NOOOO!!!
Photographer [chuckling]: Which one?


Danielle got this cute shot of Megan's mom peeking into the vestibule before the start of the ceremony.






Another Danielle grab.


More fun.


I had to add a little extra treatment to this one.




A little first dance moment.


We caught the last few ribbons of color in the sunset at the Orangery.


Party party. Darren's boys attacked him "Night at the Roxbury" style.


And Megan's girls did the same to her later in the evening.




And the last pic is one that Jason got. Megan and Darren had already passed me (I was still inside) and Jason captured Darren getting a face full of rose petals. Nice!


So a big thanks to Megan and Darren! Thanks for asking us to tell your story. And another big thanks to Jason for hanging out and shooting with us.

I'm wearing our computers out trying to get blog posts to you all. Stay tuned. We had a great session with a couple of wonderful kids last week. And a little overnight trip with Maddie to Atlanta. And some maternity photos of Danielle. And... well that's about it. I may throw in a few other tidbits in another hodge-podge post. I know, I'm such a tease.

Have a great week!
Wes

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These are very nice. I see the DW influence too :) Isn't that funny... and cool. I am sure these couple is thrilled with their images!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com