Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gettin' trashed!

Yes, I am still around! Big thanks to Danielle for filling in there for a few days. I've been wearing the mouse down working up a bunch of portrait sessions we've had lately. Bad for me because my to-do list is a mile long. Good for you because it means a bunch of blog posts over the next few weeks.

Waaaay last year when Stephanie and Rob, who were married this past May, talked to us about doing their wedding, one of the first things Stephanie asked was if we would do a Trash the Dress session. Uh, yeah! Trash the Dress hasn't really taken off around here so we don't get asked to do it very often. We were really excited that we found a bride (rather she found us) who was willing to do this. If you're not familiar with Trash the Dress, check out this cool blog that shows some work from various artists and explains the philosophy behind the movement.

Last week we met Stephanie and Rob at the Worlds Fair Park where we quickly did a u-turn when we discovered a festival going on. We moved to the backup plan, Volunteer Landing, and it ended up being a dream spot. Not too many people, nice light, and lots of water! So here's a collection of some of our favorites...



I played with some textures on this one.


Danielle asked me to post the "before" of the above so you can compare the two. Let us know what you think!




Fountain fun.






They said the water was cooooold!






A wall of water...


That we made them walk through!




A high pressure foot massage.


This was my absolute favorite!


For the record, this was their idea. I would never ask our clients to climb treacherous wet rocks. I might drop hints, but I'd never ask. ;)


But what a great idea it was!




We had such a blast!


Well??? What do you think? Admit it, you want to trash your dress now too! In reality though, nothing was really trashed, just soaked. Danielle used to work at a bridal shop and said that most cleaners should be able to get something like this back in shape. Now if you want to go rolling around in the mud or take up paintball, that might be a different story. So come on, lets go out and play!

Take care everyone!

-Wes

8 comments:

Em and Andrew said...

My favorite part is the sign in the back that says "Do not climb on rocks or get in pool." Lol... but they don't know the Hopes!!! =)

Unknown said...

These are great. I love their hand through the waterfall. Great work!

Anonymous said...

This series of photographs are amazing!! I loved the sign in the background too. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

They look soooo good. I want to do it again!!!

Erin M said...

I have never seen anything like that before. What a great idea! Kudos to Stephanie for being willing to try it. My favorite was the one with the red umbrella. They were all fun!

Kelly Vasami said...

Oh my goodness - they are all so amazing!!! Her dress is GORGEOUS! Good for her for being such a daring and trusting bride - love those kinds of brides!! :)

Okay, my favorite-favorite-favorites:
1. The hands clasped under the splashing water
2. The umbrella under the waterfall (2nd from last image)
3. Bride & groom behind waterfall

So. Damn Cool. (Can I say damn on your blog? Cuz I think I just did....)

P.S. - Totally cracking up at the sign in the last picture....

Anonymous said...

Like how you ignored the sign. Naughty photographers you are!

-Rak

Anonymous said...

More Hope Love on our Blog!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com