Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MARYVILLE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY - TRACI + EDDIE 03.13.10

Well, you probably thought we fell off the face of the Earth during our vacation, but never fear, the Hopes are still here. :) We had a wonderful time on our cruise, but as soon as we got back, real life ran up and smacked us across the face. And we've been playing catch-up ever since we crossed the state line. We've shot a couple cool sessions and wedding number two of the year in the last couple of weeks, but I can't share any of that with you until I finish up with Traci's wedding!

In case you missed the teaser post (and how could you? It's right below this one!) you can see it here. To sum up, a couple of our best friends tied the knot last month and we had the honor to photograph (and in Danielle's case, be a bridesmaid in) the wedding. Traci has been one of our best friends forever and it was so cool to be a part of her wedding and give her and Eddie some great photos to remember their day by. We all love to have fun together either playing games, watching movies, hanging by the pool, or destroying timeshares in Gatlinburg. So I knew their wedding would be a blast.

Not only was it great to work for our friends, it was also great to work WITH a friend. Tara Kneiser, of Dixie Pixel Photography, played second shooter for me since Danielle was busy being all pretty and stuff. And Tara has already blogged some of her favorites from the day over on her site (I just realized I'm inadvertently about to repost a couple of those photos… oops). And it was the debut of a new partnership with Brittany Conner who is going to help us with a few weddings this year. I went ahead and slapped their names on their photos when I used them below. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and even though I might *want* to claim credit for some of the beautiful moments they captured, it just wouldn't be right. ;)

So, grab some popcorn, dim the lights, wrap up in a Snuggie, and enjoy the show…


Brittany started out following the girls to the salon. Check her out getting all artsy.



Tara worked the girls getting ready while I hung out with the boys.



Eddie and the "Godfather".



It rained off and on throughout the day so when it was too wet to play outside, we looked for coolness inside.



But I'm glad I stopped by Target on the way to the wedding to pick up some new umbrellas.



Hot!





Jodi (Traci's sister and maid of honor), Traci and Danielle… that's three good looking ladies right there!





One of my faves!



Aight, you'll either love this or hate it. It's one of those ideas that jumped into my head in the off season (I probably subliminally saw it somewhere else) and I had to try it. What do you think?



I don't know what was said, but I'm sure it was funny.



Um, yeah, what I just said on the last photo.



Inside the photo booth.





Sorry, I can't get enough of the ladies.



The story: I was showing Traci how I wanted her to pose (only with more fierceness than my lame butt) and she snagged my camera and started snapping. I think I was actually pratfalling off the couch here.



I've got to give props to Danielle for rocking the processional as a first time bridesmaid (in some ginormous heals!). ;)



Tara found some great emotion while shooting behind the curtain.



Yay, you're married!



I was never in a fraternity like Eddie and his groomsman here, so I don't know if this is part of the secret handshake or not.



Get used to it, Traci; Eddie is permanently in your bubble now.



Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Lail!



Yet another cool bouquet by our pal Lisa Foster.



Brittany caught some cool light during the first dance.



Traci and her Dad have a nice moment during the daddy-daughter dance.





The windows were so clean at the Capitol that Traci tried to walk right through one of them. ;)



A couple of goofballs.



The CCC ladies on the prowl.



I swore I would never use the term "chillaxing" on the blog… sorry, I just did.



Little known fact (even to me)… Danielle knows how to do the "sprinkler"!



Raise the roof.



Hey, Eddie knew how to get down too.



I don't know if Jodi was hiding or doing a Big Bird impression.



Kissyface!



The story: Eddie's car was caked (no pun intended) with toilet paper and wedding cake. Some of the icing got on his jacket so I grabbed one of the rolls of TP and was acting as holder as Eddie tried, in vain, to clean up the mess. Apparently, I'm a better photographer than I am a toilet paper holder. That, or Eddie has ninja like toilet paper yanking skills. The things I learn at work.


Congratulations AGAIN Traci and Eddie!! I hope this post was worth the wait!

-Wes

Vendors from this wedding:
Venue: Capitol Theatre | Florist: Lisa Foster | Coordinator: Rebecca Tunnell | Caterer: Sullivan's Downtown | Fun: The Knoxville Photo Booth Co. | Photography:Duh!




Coming next: The Bartlett Kids!

5 comments:

dalisa said...

Looks like such a great time!! Wonderful images and way to rock the bridesmaid roll, Danielle!

robin said...

really love the photos of them on stage. very cool. and the umbrellas!
robin

Unknown said...

AWESOME pics!! you two never fail to impress me!

Unknown said...

I nearly started crying at the picture of the bride and her father.

Traci ("Tha Bride") said...

Love, Love, Love them! I am worried that I will wear out the blog looking at them so many times. Thank you guys so much! Wes, I am sorry that you didn't get to sit back, relax, and have fun as a guest at our wedding. I just couldn't trust anyone else to photograph my wedding. You are the best! One of my bestest friends and the bestest photographer. Love you both!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com