Friday, December 5, 2008

Paying It Forward: The Davis Family

It's time we Paid It Forward! Well, we paid it forward a couple weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting. What am I talking about? Read on...

Back in September our friend Tara Kneiser, the mastermind behind Dixie Pixel, photographed our little family as part of the Pay It Forward project (read more about on the Roadside Families blog). In case you missed them, here's a link to Tara's photos of the Hopes. So it was our turn to keep the ball rolling. I tried to contact a couple of photographers I didn't know so we could meet some new folks, but nothing panned out. The clock was ticking so I decided that we should photograph our friend Jason Davis and his great little family. Jason and Marcia have two of the cutest little boys on the planet. It's going to be interesting watching them grow up with our two little girls. I'm not saying I necessarily what Maddie or Millie to ever get married, but the Davis' would be alright in-laws to have. Of course, so would the Kneisers. Tara's little boy and Maddie get a long great too... toddler love triangle!! I digress (and apologize).

After a couple scheduling snafus, we met over at Maryville College for some fun in the fall foliage (how's that for alliteration?). Below are a few of my favorites...

Meet Jason, Ryan, Marcia, and Cooper.




Some of the boys being their silly selves.










Cooper was pretty much over it, but I still love this one.




I love it. Jason wants a serious moment. And Ryan wants out.




Such a nice family.


Okay, here's the thing. Even though this fulfilled our Pay It Forward obligation, I'm still open to photographing another photographer's family. See, I was at the DWF Convention in Tampa and heard David Williams too and I think this is such a great project. Actually, Jason was there with me and we both came home inspired and had talked about swapping sessions so we could have some photos of us with our children and wives. But like everything, it didn't get past the talking about it phase. So a HUGE thanks to John and Dalisa Cooper for getting this project going and ultimately getting me off my butt. It's so very important that we step out on the other side of camera and get treated as well as we treat our awesome clients. So if you're a photographer and interested, drop me a line.

And keep an eye out on Jason's blog... it's his turn!

-Wes

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

THESE ARE SO GOOD! I love them all! Jason, your boys are so adorable. I love the tantrum photos--always my fave. Oh, just wait. I'm foreseeing a group of 15-17 year olds (ryan, cooper, maddie, millie, boru & odelia) stealing the hope mini-van for a joy ride. At least they'll have plenty of cameras to document it all before they get arrested. Great expectations, huh??

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com