Saturday, March 29, 2008

Life's a Beach

Hi from Hilton Head! Kore's wedding was today and it was beautiful! We were whipped though so we stayed in and ordered some yummy pizza from a local place called Giuseppi's and downloaded our cards. I thought I'd go ahead and do a quickie update since you all may not hear from me until the end of the week (we are on a mini-vacation after all).

Yesterday the weather was nice enough that we stopped by one of the beaches. We thought the water would be too cold so none of us brought our bathing suits. Mistake! It was a little chilly, but that didn't stop us from playing. Luckily Danielle did plan ahead and brought Maddie a change of clothes.

At first, she was a little timid.


And the next thing we knew she was sitting in water. Here she is squeezing the life out of a couple fistfuls of sand.


Sand castles are not her forte. Picking it up by the mini-shovel full and pouring it out over and over and over apparently is.


A little SPF 384 for protection.


This isn't as mean as it looks. Maddie and I had a game going where she got a bucketful of water and poured on me and then I did the same. Danielle just didn't get a shot of Maddie doing it to me. (And on a technical note: this is the last and only time this year that you'll see me in shorts).


I call this "Menu Hat". Creative, huh?



And here's a teaser from Kore and Todd's nuptials today. After the ceremony, we stopped by a beach on the way to the reception. Unfortunately, the weather turned into a real crapper on the drive. We're talking a nasty haze and 50mph winds. We still tried a couple of shots, but felt like were in a sandblaster. So after getting this fun shot of them being blown away, we got the heck out of dodge.


But not before doing the obligatory self-portrait hail mary. See how crazy windy it was? Danielle doesn't always wear her hair like Cousin It and I don't always spike mine like Iceman. Good times.


Check back soon. The bad weather is supposed to be with us for a couple of days so if we get holed up in our hotel room, I might get the rest of the edit done on today's wedding. And when we get back I have a fun shoot at UT and more Maryville College work. Busy times!

-Wes

2 comments:

Erin M said...

What cute pictures! We should have Maddie and ZZ meet up at the beach one year! I bet they would have a blast together. Glad you are having (windy) fun.
Erin

Jason said...

As usual, totally awesome shots of that too cute girl of yours. Hope you are having a good time. Tell Cousin It hello for me!

Jason

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com