Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sampson's Hollow Wedding Photography - Lindsey + Corey 06.02.12

I've said it before and I'll say it again… my favorite weddings are those that we leave feeling like we're BFFs with the couple. When your personalities mesh well it just doesn't feel like work (at least not until the next morning when my aching body is telling you to sleep in).

Today's blog post is for Lindsey and Corey's wedding at the lovely Sampson's Hollow in Walland. Before the wedding, we had plenty of experience with these two crazy kids. They took part in our Valentine's Day Mini Session earlier this year (check out their epic cuteness in the middle of this post) and Corey loaned me his beloved rifle for some photos (more about that in a bit), which he let me shoot a few times (you know, bang-bang, not click-click). So we knew going into their wedding day last month that it was going to fun. Here are a few of my favorites from their day!


First off, I just thought this was a cool idea. In lieu of a guestbook, Lindsey and Corey had their guests write them notes on postcards from the area. I don't know if that was Pinterest inspired or not, but it needs to be on there!


We found this dress just hanging in the middle of a woods. Weird. ;)


Our kind of bridesmaids.


Summer in Tennessee… you need all the shade you can get. Actually, this was that crazy cool weekend where temperatures were in the upper 70s all day. What a blessing!


The beautiful bride!


Corey and his boys and their big boy toys. The bottom photo is Corey's newest addition; a customized Glock. I mentioned the rifle he let me shoot (literally) earlier. It's a custom AR-15 that he let me photograph during my Foto February bonanza earlier this year (check those photos out in the middle of this post).


Danielle found Lindsey taking a breather on the porch of one of the cabins at Sampson's Hollow and just had to grab a couple frames.


Their first look.


Aren't they cute?






We found some flowers at Sampson's Hollow.








We could've photographed these kids all day long.


Mainly because they're nutty like us.


Too cool for school.








Corey showing off his Team Bride button (more about those in a minute).




Bling, bling!




Check out Corey's big grin in Lindsey's glasses.


I wonder if they're on Instagram.


Hands down, my absolute favorite of the day!


Lindsey was being a good sport even though I kept teasing her about all the snakes that were probably in the grass.


Two photographers + two views = two awesome images.


The smallest wedding cake ever.


Team Bride and Team Groom. The wedding guests all got to pick whose team they were on (hence Corey being for Team Bride earlier). You know I had to use them for a ring shot.


Mmmm… all you can eat candy at weddings makes me happy. Oh yeah, nice rings too.


Okay, it's entirely possible that I did too many ring details. Oops.


One more portrait in the last light of the day.


Some call this dancing. I don't know what I call it. ;)


Hurray!


What a bunch of goofballs.


Off for their honeymoon! That's if they don't get burned by the sparklers first!


Congratulations Lindsey and Corey!!


1 comments:

Julie said...

I always enjoy looking at your posts. What a neat wedding! Wes, you and the groom look like you could be related! :) I love her dress, so pretty!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com