Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Congratulations Bridges Family!

It's official... all of my close photo friends now have two kids. The race is on to see which one of while get to number three first. (Danielle will smack me when she reads that).

Our good friends, the Bridges, welcomed their second son into the world on July 5th. It took them a little while to come up with a name for the little guy, but they finally chose Ty. Short and sweet. Back when Amelia was born last year (*gulp!*) Steven did us a favor by photographing Maddie waiting on her big sister (see the link here). So it was my turn to do the same. Mostly. Steven's wife Erika delivered via c-section, so I couldn't photograph big brother Silas waiting, but I was there when Silas got to see little Ty for the first time. It was an honor to hang out with this new family of four.

And here are a few of my favorites from Ty's first day.


Mommy and daddy with their new baby boy.



I wonder if that's like the little dye-packs at fancy department stores. If someone tries to leave with the baby will they be showered with blue ink?



The modern mom texting family and friends from the hospital.



And Steven couldn't help but shoot a few too.



Tiny fingers.



And a big yawn.



Mommy's kiss.



Silas was a little trepidatious about meeting his little brother. They think seeing Erika in the hospital surrounded by all the equipment was a little too much for him. But he did give mommy a kiss when he got to the hospital.



Steven got him warmed up by letting him play photographer.



And take photos of his new brother.



And of daddy.



And me!



Father and son, part one.



A few minutes later, it was an all out shoot-fest. Silas photographing Erika, Erika photographing Silas, Steven photographing friend Jess holding Ty, while Silas shoots Erika and vice versa. And me photographing the whole scene. :)



Awwww, how sweet.



Erika kept playing with Ty's little hair.



Chicken balloons!



Steven on the phone again.



Sleepy little dude.



I just love the feel and flow of these next two...






A nurse came in to do a check-up and Ty was none too happy.



The Bridges' good friend Joe Howell (Joe's a former News-Sentinel staffer, hence the camera) stopped by in time for the check-up.



Ladies and gentleman, Ty Owen Bridges.



Father and son, part two.



Little Ty started sucking his thumb in his sleep while Joe held him.


Congratulations to Steven, Erika, and Silas! And congrats to baby Ty... he was born into one great family. :)

-Wes



Coming soon: A sneak peak from Raven and Jeff's wedding.

8 comments:

Kelly Vasami said...

Great shots! I love how the new dad is wearing his Think Tank belt - lol! Great new baby name too! :)

P.S. - Thanks for expanding your posts! I can see everything now in my Google Reader - woo hoo! :)

Unknown said...

These are great!

Jamie Weiss said...

Was there anybody in the room WITHOUT a camera??? LOL! In a minute I thought we were going to see the nurse or doctor taking pics too!

Kristal said...

What an adorable baby and family!

Beth Collins said...

I remember when you came and shots pix of Robert when he was born. Oh how I treasure those. What a beautiful family, congrats!

Erika said...

These pics were my first glance at that day behind the camera. I can not thank you enough. Maybe it's the hormones, but they brought tears to my eyes. Thanks again!!

Oh, BTW, I'm bowing out gracefully from the race for three!!

Amy said...

I'm an old friend of the Bridges that came over from their link. Great job capturing the joy of that day! And Erika, that itch for a girl just might keep you in the race! ;-)

Ashley Large said...

Just wanted to Congratulate Steven and his family! He did out wedding photos three short years ago. In April we welcomed our sweet little boy!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com