Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Double-Header Teaser!

What do Farrah Fawcett, checkered Vans, over-zealous single men, classic Mustangs, Lightsabers, and Bigfoot all have in common? You're about to find out...

CrazyMay is done! And we survived! *phew!* As expected everything has started to back up, so you get a teaser post today from our double-header the last weekend of May. I know, I know, a stinking teaser instead of a full-blown photo extravaganza. But just think of all the cool photos I'll share with you next time. And even though this is just a "teaser", I still grabbed 18 images. I'm a baaaaad man. :)

First up are a few from Amanda and Jason's May 30th nuptials at Butterfly Gap:


Kicking things off we have a little reflection fun thanks to Danielle getting, as she calls it, "artsy-fartsy."



And then my own blend of artsy-fartsy with the shoes.



I was digging Amanda's cool locks. It was refreshing to see a bride, literally, let her hair down for a wedding. And it's Farrah Fawcett-ish, which, ask any male who was alive in the '70s and '80s, you can't go wrong with.



What's she laughing at? You'll have to check back next week to see! ;)



The boys were rocking some killer Vans for the day. I wish I could pull this look off.



Danielle caught some sun flare during the portrait session.



And I caught some during the first dance.



Speaking of catching... check out the two most enthusiastic single guys EVER. Usually the garter just lands on the ground and some dude lackadaisically and reluctantly picks it up. These boys were going at it though.



One last moment before their departure.



And now a few from the Sunday, May 31st wedding of Dawn and Curt at the family home:


The day got started with Curt wailing on some drums (my eardrums included) in the shed. That's one way to expel some energy before your big day!



Danielle found this quiet little moment with Dawn before the ceremony



Rocking the aviators. And if you zoom in close enough, you can see me! ;p



One of the grandfathers provided his sweet '65 Mustang for the couple to drive off in. You know I HAD to incorporate it in a few photos.



I don't know what Curt said, or did, but I'm sure it was hilarious.



It's an ancient Chinese tradition... you rub the head of the groom's father for good luck and a prosperous marriage. That or Curt was practicing his DJ skills with some mad mixes.



"Blue Skies/Smiling at Me/Nothing but skies/Do I see."



It was your typical little wedding reception when all of the sudden screams of terror rang out from the guests. We spun around, looking in the direction of the horrified faces and pointing fingers. And there he was. On a hillside, he ran as if he were being chased. And I suppose he was by 200 fearful eyes and the shrieks of quivering voices. I raised my camera as fast as I could, barely having time to compose and focus before I hammered down on the shutter button. I knew this was probably the most important photo I had taken the entire weekend. Nay! My entire life! For in my viewfinder was the illusive and mythical, the hairy and scary, the one and only... BIGFOOT! (Check back late next week to find out why Bigfoot crashed the wedding!)



Master Jedi, don't forget your Lightsaber!


There you go! You have been successfully teased! Full blog posts for each wedding will be up soon. But first Danielle and I are sneaking away on a little "9th anniversary/we survived May" 3.5 day Caribbean cruise. It's a short one, but hopefully relaxing (we've never cruised before... we'll see how it goes. I'm expecting sunburns and about 10lbs gained).

Until then...
Wes



Coming soon: Amanda and Jason's full blog post!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Beautiful shots, guys! And it looks like a fun wedding, too. Those are the best. :)

Kristal said...

First off, props to Danielle for getting that awesome mirror shot! Wes...I'm loving the Blue Skies picture! I'm praying for high clouds like that for our wedding, just no rain! Oh and the Mustang...*drools*. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that "bigfoot" ties in with the Star Wars action they had going on. Can we say Chewbacca? (My little bro was a huge Star Wars geek...you can't get nothin' by me! :D

The displaced Fabulachian said...

Big foot? That's no big foot? That's clearly supposed to be Chewbacca. I'm thinking about rocking some Star Wars attire this weekend because our local arena football team is having "SciFi day" and inviting people to wear costumes. How often do you get to wear costumes in June? Not often enough.

Beth Collins said...

Vans, a Mustang, light sabers, big foot, you guys never disappoint but this was GREAT!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com