Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kristen+Matt: The Wedding 3.07.09

Okay, so you know the saying "I went to a fight and hockey game broke out"? Well, we went to a party and wedding broke out. :)

We had a blast at Kristen and Matt's rocking nuptials in the sky at Almost Heaven Resort in Gatlinburg a week and half ago. These two know how to party, and they've got a crazy crew that know how to get down as well. Of course, the ceremony was gorgeous at the sky site at Almost Heaven. Right at sunset too. Beautimus!

Here are just a few of my favorites from the evening...

Final touches.



Kristen was nice and offered my a Samoa, which I love. But being the good boy on a diet I am, I turned it away. I know, I'm a fool. I probably would have burned through the calories in like 10 minutes while shooting on the dance floor.



I just knew she was going to get her head stuck. And then we would've had to call the fire dept. And they would have had to saw the cabin apart. And Kristen would have been on 20/20. And my photo would win a Pulitzer in the news category. Glad she didn't get stuck though. :)



Remember the hot shoes in the teaser post?



Aarrrgh! The dreaded fish-hook!



Also remember how Matt was so anxious to kiss Kristen before the ceremony that they blindfolded him? Well, his buddy Russ couldn't resist a little lip action as well.



Check out those eyes!



Sassy bride.



After Matt's mom Debbie walked down the aisle, Matt walked over and had this little moment with her before the start of the ceremony.



Here's one of Danielle's. She's getting artsy. I think I'll sell this one to Sony.



The "I Do's".



Danielle's celebration photo turned out better than mine. The importance of having two photographers!





{gushy}They're so stinkin' cute.{/gushy}



More Danielle artsiness. I'm telling you, I might just start staying home.





Get it? King and Queen of hearts? They had a blackjack table at the reception and were engaged in Vegas. See, I pay attention.



Told you they partied.



Apparently it's a new tradition where everyone has to rub their butt on the groom. What do I know? I got married almost 9 years ago. We didn't do that sort of thing back then (not in public anyways... kids today!).





I think the bottle weighed more than he did.



A moment together.


That's it! Matt and Kristen, thank you so much for letting us be a part of the party. It was good times!!

And now for some pathetic grovelling...

Danielle threw our name in that for WTNZ Fox 43's Hot List. There are a bunch of different categories and kind folks like you vote and the winner is considered Knoxville's "Hottest". The grand prize is the title and the bragging rights, but nothing substantial like One MILLION Dollars!! (Sorry, to much Austin Powers in my youth). We were kicking butt at first, but then we lost our lead. Voting ends April 10th, so... (here comes the asking nicely part. ;)

If you like the photos you've seen today, or you like the photos we've done in the past, or you're a former client who loves us as much as we love you, or you just don't like the other photographers and don't want to see them win...

Please consider voting for us. :D

Just click the link below and follow the steps. It's easy peasy. You do have to sign up with a legit email address (so you can't vote twice), but you shouldn't be spammed to death. We've been signed up for a month and haven't received one scrap of junk mail. So what are you waiting for? VOTE already!!
Best of the wtnzfox43.com HOT LIST Nominated: Best Photographer in Knoxville

I guess if we lose though, we'll be Knoxville's "Coolest" photographer!

Thanks and hugs and kisses (the kisses will be from Danielle),
-Wes

5 comments:

The displaced Fabulachian said...

The pictures are gorgeous :) If I ever find the *ACTUAL* right guy, you two will be the first to know :) I did my duty as a former Maryvillian (Which I like to pronounce Merry Villain) and voted. Second place -- so you're getting there!

Anonymous said...

So my boyfriend has waited till the last month for his proposal. (See I told him I had to have the ring on my finger come my little brother's wedding on the 18th of April.) That's why you still have not heard from me. haha Anyways, I voted...DUH! And guess I will finally be able to give you a call sometime within the next month about shooting my wedding! :D

Anonymous said...

I love the pictue at sunset with the silhouette of the couple, & the pix of the groom & his mom, & the rings on the cards-you guys rock!

Wes Hope said...

Thanks everyone!

And Kristal, we're still waiting! :) And check with us before set a date! I'd hate for you to finally get engaged and then out we're booked.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Well, it's going to be early May of next year so I'm hoping you're still pretty open then. :) But I will check with you first for sure!

Blog Archive

Visitors

Search Our Blog

© Hope Photography - All content on this website is copyrighted. Don't be an image thief! Contact owner for usage agreements: info@hope-photo.com